I've thrown away the career in the civil service I've been primed for since birth for the chance to be a writer. There's no evidence that the world of writing will have me, but I think it's worth a go. One day, I hope I'll be able to do both.
I am currently studying for an MA in TV Fiction Writing at Glasgow Caledonian University.
I do have other things in my life beyond fiction and its writing, mainly theatrical journalism, designing poetry books and teaching the piano, but I promise they won't be mentioned too much in this blog.
This blog documents my experiences of the creative writing world and industry.
It'll also be an outlet for my:
- (un)informed opinions on writing and writers,
- fiction reviews from a writer's point of view,
- fictional reviews of books that should have been written by now,
- non-fiction reviews of how to write books,
- reactions to writing news,
- and news about my own creative projects. Yay.
I'm interested in and will write about novels, short stories, poetry, narrative, the theatre, television, radio and new media. I write and read in all of these media, and I think you're silly if you don't.
I like writing about writing. I do it anyway - in emails to friends, in my diary, in my 750words account. I thought I might as well make it public.
I live in Edinburgh with my very literary family.